You are here
Weekend Roundup: March 16, 2012
Welcome to Volunteer Global's Weekend Roundup!
We've been super busy this week with a lot of behind-the-scenes updates. First off, we hope you're still enjoying our new website design--we sure are! As well, we've modified our navigation menu (across the top of your screen) to make your experience on our website a bit easier and more interesting. And finally, we revamped our "Join Volunteer Global" page to highlight our Travel Buddy of the week (the Tandana Foundation at the moment), as well as more detail on what we offer to our account holders. Check it out!
This week, we:
- Encouraged you to take action to prevent deadly yet curable diseases worldwide
- Gave tips for navigating the job search after volunteering abroad (video)
- Introduced you to the Tandana Foundation, Volunteer Global's Travel Buddy of the Week (video)
- And we went over how to keep your information safe while in Internet cafes!
Our Travel Buddies also updated their pages and added fun new stuff, like:
- Amizade's new profile update
- Paramedics for Children's new profile update
- Nicaragua Children's Foundation's story about volunteering in an orphanage
If you'd like to join our Travel Buddy program and recruit awesome volunteers worldwide, learn more here!
And finally, we found some awesome articles from our friends around the web:
- How To Travel Like A Local (video) - Peter Greenberg
- Commemorating AmeriCorps Week: Expanding Opportunity Through Service (Huffington Post)
- Eight Reasons Hiring Managers Haven't Called You Back (SavvySugar)
- The Impact Of International Volunteering On The Retired Population (Huffington Post)
Aaaand that's all for today--stay tuned next week for more videos, tips, and stories about traveling abroad!
Photo Credit: Colin and Sarah Northway, Creative Commons