Social Networking And Blogging
Volunteer for social networking and blogging in Caye Caulker, Belize!
Through this project, you'll update the P.A.W. Cat Sanctuary and Humane Society website, write blog posts about news and events, and market the work they do through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more.
You will assist the current, remotely based sanctuary marketer with her ongoing efforts to promote P.A.W. Cat Sanctuary online, though you will be asked to create your own day-to-day schedule and posting plan based on the daily work of the sanctuary.
Tell their story, find dedicated volunteers to further their mission, and keep alumni and friends up-to-date about the sanctuary's milestones.
P.A.W. is a local organization that provides spaying and neutering services and promotes humane education in Belize.
This program is located in Caye Caulker, Belize, a beautiful island just off the mainland. At six miles long by two miles wide, Cay Caulker’s community is tight-knit, yet welcoming of tourists and travelers.
Flexible! You'll volunteer four hours per day with one free day each week.
You'll stay in the Volunteer Cabana, which sleeps three people at a time and is located just at the shoreline on the beach. This includes:
- One single bed and a bunk bed set
- Coffee machine and microwave
- Bathroom with running (not heated) water attached to the outside of the building
Click here to learn more about where you'll stay!
This program may have a Reservation Fee, which is included in the total cost and is due once you commit to the program, with the remaining Program Fee balance due 30 days before your arrival date.
|1 week: $247||Longer: +$123 per week|
Volunteers may choose to stay in one of the available suites for an additional $36 per night.
Click here for full details about your program costs and how your Program Fee is used.
Note: All listed prices are in US Dollars.
How To Sign Up
Signing up is a three-step process:
- Fill out an Inquiry Form. Please note: submissions must be made at least 4 weeks prior to your prospective start date.
- A member of the Volunteer Global team will get in touch with you to confirm program availability for your chosen dates, and schedule an interview if needed.
- Once your interview is complete, you will be notified to submit your Reservation Fee to reserve your program and schedule. Your final Program Fee is due at least 4 weeks prior to in-country arrival in order to reserve your placement.
This is a pilot program. As part of our program development process, we ask our first groups of participating volunteers to provide additional feedback to assist us in ensuring the most rewarding experience possible in cooperation with P.A.W. Animal Sanctuary for their associated programs.
Registration must be completed at least one month prior to your program start date, so...let's get started!