Volunteer as a Camp Counsellor in Ghana this Summer! July 21st - Aug 5th
Come join The Humanity Exchange 2012 Summer Camp Team this summer JULY 21-AUGUST 5th for a once in a life time experience volunteering with children in Ghana, Africa!Are you someone with fond memories of camp? Someone who enjoys working with kids? Has a passion for helping others? Come join our volunteer team in Ghana this summer for the opportunity of a lifetime.
Named 'Africa for beginners', Ghana is a beautiful, safe and welcoming country known as the friendliest in West Africa! Home to an array of wildlife, breath taking national parks, lush jungles and historical landmarks, Ghana is a country full of life! Come join us in Ghana this summer and embrace the beauty of the land and it's people! Jump on a tro-tro where you'll strike a conversation with some friendly locals! Stroll into a lively food market, or dare to try Fu-fu, one of Ghana's many authentic spicy dishes! The warmth and comraderie amongst the Ghanians is a unique and welcoming one.
Whether it’s a memory of your first time learning a sport, or your favorite sing-along tune, camp memories are unique and something to be cherished for life.You and your fellow volunteers will provide the opportunity for many Ghanian children to experience camp for the first time. Camp will allow them time to spend with friends outside of a classroom setting, and a chance to both explore their artistic & athletic talents, as well as their team building skills! In addition to volunteering with local children, your trip will include exciting weekend excursions such as venturing in a dugout canoe ride to one of the most unique stilt villages in the world, spending a day in the beautiful beach town of Cape Coast, and stepping back in history while visiting a world renowned slave castle! You will also have plenty of time to freely explore the local area, and learn more about the cultures around you. This program is generously sponsored by Endeavour Mining. We’d love to have you join us!
If you think this sounds like you, we’d love for you to join us.
Or, feel free to email us directly with any questions you may have:
- July 21-August 5th (2 weeks)
- During a period of two weeks, our team will run a summer camp in rural willages. Both villages are located in The Western Region of Ghana, where English is spoken.
- Volunteers will be responsible for working as a team to plan the camp schedule and run the daily activities with the children Mon-Fri.
- A team leader will be on site to ensure the program is running smoothly, and will be providing in-country support through out entire program.
- There are two amazing weekend day trip excursions to: Nzulezu, and to the Cape Coast slave Castle
- Top-quality amenities include: Orientation, 3 meals & bottled water daily, beach-front accommodations, and in-country transportation
As a camp counselor, you will have the opportunity to learn about different cultures of local communities, share your skill sets with the Ghanian youth, share your passion for helping others, and who knows what else? Maybe explore a new hidden talent at teaching arts and crafts! Here are some examples of the activities you may be a part of:
*Work with the team in creating a schedule
- *Organize a camp sing-along & dance
- *Run an arts & crafts station
- *Teach a new sport
- *Assist in leading an all-camp morning and afternoon assembly